The Pro Fit Wheelchair Headrest
The pro fit headrest uses a comfortable, yet strong support for the head that is uniquely adjustable for a great fit. <read more>
FREE SHIPPING for Continental U.S.A. Only | Outside U.S.A. Orders - Read Shipping Policy
All Customers: Read Shipping and Return Policies Prior To Placing Any Order!
The Pro Fit Headrest is very adjustable for width to open wide or close in, providing a custom fit. It features very strong locking joints, which are adjustable and produce a locking mechanism on each side of the wheelchair headrest, so where you set it, it stays in place.
The inside of the pro fit wheelchair headrest gets its comfort from a high quality foam. Even though the back of the headrest has locking, adjustable joints, the front stays very comfortable because the foam is one piece across the entire width of the headrest. The entire pro fit headrest is then covered in a zippered cover for added comfort and is easily removed for cleaning.
The pro fit wheelchair headrest uses a split collar, which easily attaches to a 1 inch standard ball headrest mounting hardware.
Sizes Of The Pro Fit Headrest
Features Of The Pro Fit Headrest
- Superior foam quality for user comfort
- Easily removable cover adds comfort and allows easy cleaning
- Easily attaches to a 1 inch diameter ball mount for adaptability to headrest hardware
- Exceptional adjustability to widen or bring in close for secure support
- Hinge system allowing firm support, resisting strong postural deviation
- Headrest adapter plate for fitting to multiple manufacturer set-ups
Benefits Of The Pro Fit Wheelchair Headrest
What Hardware Assembly Is Recommended For The Pro Fit Headrest?
While the split collar permits easy fitting to a standard 1 inch ball mount, and the optional adapter plate allows attaching to many manufacturers set-ups, the pro fit wheelchair headrest achieves maximum range of motion and set-up options using the surelock or multi-axis hardware.
Summary Of The Pro Fit Wheelchair Headrest
This headrest is a great addition to our collection. It uses a split collar mount which is modified for easy installation and a secure hold. It uses 2 locking hinges on each side in the back of the headrest to allow maximum holding power from the user contact position pushing outward.
Installing The Pro Fit Headrest
1. Loosen the bolts on the collar with a 3/16″ allen wrench
2. Insert the mounting ball for the headrest bracket
3. Adjust to the desired positioning and tighten the bolts
Adjusting The Pro Fit Wheelchair Headrest
1. Using a 3/16 allen wrench, loosen hinge bolts. Tapping, if necessary, on the bolt in order to loosen up the hinge joint.
2. Adjust the side panels and re-tighten the bolts
Headrest Adapter Plate
With the optional adapter plate you can switch headrests without modifying the back. Supports the following types, but not all: Whitmyer (flip down and standard), Millers, Freedom Designs (center knob not-supported), AEL (10 – 32 thread), Stealth, AES, Otto Bock (10 – 32 thread & M6 metric thread), CRE (2 inch square).
If you need assistance or have questions about the pro fit headrest, please feel free to call or contact Neck Solutions.